A MISSION MENU FOR YOUR HOME GROUP
CHECK-IN CENTER OPERATION (ANY DAY) 6:15PM-7:30PM – TRELLIS
- As a volunteer, you will be a part of making people feel known and safe. We provide them with a safe place for their belongings and begin to know their story. Bring food, and have a chat with your Home Group. On-sight training available. Register HERE.
DINNER – BRIDGE SHELTER (ANY DAY) 6-8PM
SINGLE MOTHER MINISTRY MEAL – FRISTERS
*GAME NIGHT @ BRIDGE SHELTER (ANY DAY) 7-9PM
- Email John Begin to set up an evening event + meal service.
- For Meal service, follow instructions above and then coordinate the game night after.
MEAL PACKING – CHILDREN’S HUNGER FUND
- Will need a few weeks to pre-order boxes, visit website for instructions.
VIRTUAL BABY SHOWER – HORIZON PREGNANCY CENTER
- Contact Barbara Cantor, the clinic’s director, for a time to drop off the stuff.
- Enjoy a night of cake, prayer, a video and bring gifts for a mom who has decided to keep her baby and needs a lot of love and support!
PACK LUNCHES FOR THE HOMELESS AND DROP THEM OFF ON SATURDAY AT THE CROSSING.
- Looking for nonperishable health items similar to a high schooler’ sack lunch if a parent made it.
WRITE ENCOURAGING NOTES TO TEACHERS AT CALIFORNIA ELEMENTARY, INCLUDE A GIFT CARD. (55 STAFF TOTAL)
- Email Ryan for names and to coordinate a drop-off.
CELL PHONE / TABLET DRIVE – JESUS FILM
- Have your whole group gather their old cell phones and tablets, wipe them and then ship them to JF so that they can be loaded with the film and sent overseas. MORE INFO HERE
WELCOME HOME BOXES – TRELLIS/HOMELESS SHELTER
- CLEANING BOX (MOP, DISH SOAP, ETC)
- BATHROOM BOX (HYGIENE SUPPLIES)
- BEDROOM BOX (SHEETS, AlARM CLOCK, PILLOWS)
LAUNDRY LOVE BASKETS – TEEN LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
SERVE AT TRELLIS BREAKFAST (SAT) 7-10 AM
- Questions, contact our Ministry Facilitator: Hagop Sargisian
EVANGELISM OUTREACH AT HUNTINGTON PIER (ANY TIME)
BEACH TRASH CLEAN-UP & GROUP PICNIC (ANY TIME)
DO A CHURCH SERVICE AT AN OLD FOLKS HOME (SUNDAY MORNINGS)
PRAYER WALK AROUND OTHER CHURCH’S, THEN MEET AT WATCH GRACE’S LIVE STREAM TOGETHER (SUNDAY MORNINGS)
WORK PROJECT ON YOUTH HOMES – TLF (VARIOUS SATURDAYS)
- Find out the next date by emailing Teen Leadership Foundation. Coordinate
POVERTY ENCOUNTER – CHILDREN’S HUNGER FUND (HALF DAY SATURDAY)
TOUR – HORIZON PREGNANCY CENTER (SUNDAYS AFTER CHURCH)
- To schedule a tour with your home group, contact Barbara Cantor, the clinic’s director.
ANY OF THE “SERVE FROM HOME” OR “SERVE MEALS” OPTIONS
SERVE MEALS – FRISTERS
- Find out the next opportunity by emailing Fristers. Coordinate
SERVE MEALS – TEEN LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
- Find out the next opportunity by emailing TLF. Coordinate
ANNUAL PUMPKIN PATCH – FRISTERS (SATURDAY IN OCTOBER)
- Look on the church calendar for the exact date for Frister’s “Trunk-OR-Treat.”
- Help put together a fun table for single mom’s to bring their children too for candy.
PACK SHOEBOXES – OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD (NOVEMBER)
- Grab a shoe box, fill it with Christmas gifts for a child and return it to church along with postage.
- More info found HERE.
CHRISTMAS TOY SHOP – FRISTERS (DECEMBER)
- Find out the window of opportunity by emailing Fristers. Coordinate
PASS OUT FARSI NEW TESTAMENTS NOWRUZ FESTIVAL – ELAM (March – Persian New Year)
- Email Cristina to get Bibles – She will need a few weeks notice.
SEDER DINNER (March or April)
OC MARATHON (May 4th, early Sunday Morning)
- Connect with Lindsey to help create a “Encouragement Station” outside of Grace to spur runners on with music, a hydration station and fun signs.
Okay, so maybe your group is a little gun shy or new to serve together. How about the following options to break up the sermon discussions and bring a new element to the group:
HOST A MISSIONARY TO SHARE ABOUT THEIR MINISTRY
- Invite your own or reach out to Ryan for suggestions connected to Grace or your groups interests.
DO A MINISTRY SPECIFIC PRAYER NIGHT
PRAYER WALK AROUND HOST’S NEIGHBORHOOD
SEDER DINNER (SEE MORE IN THE HOLIDAY SEASON MENU)
- Do something as a group to get you out of the house and interacting in a new way to strengthen your relational core. Always include dessert.